434-262-4170 is the only vaild phone number for the Colonial Center.
Our regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(Phones are not answered outside of these hours.)
The Colonial Center proudly welcomes the following businesses and individuals into our 2016 Ovation Circle:
Bill & Sylvia Solari
Town of South Hill
First Media Radio - 107.7 3WD FM
VCU - Community Memorial Hospital
In Touch Therapy
Watkins Insurance Agency
BGF Industries, Inc.
Citizens Bank and Trust Company
Creedle, Jones & Alga, P.C.
Team Nurse, Inc.
Millie B. Bracey
Bob & Robin Jones
Crowder-Hite-Crews Funeral Home
Jimmie K. & Rebecca Crowder
Please click the link below for a comprehensive list of Ovation Circle Members and their contributions.
2016 Ovation Circle
Contact Lauren Epps at (434) 262-4170 or via email at email@example.com for information about how to join this exclusive group of supporters, and to learn more about the benefits of membership!
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10
6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
Call (434) 262-4170 or
For More Information or to Register to Attend.
Ages 10 & Up are Welcomed!
Programs and Activites at the Colonial Center would not be possible without assistance and funding from the following organizations:
- Anyone who has ever been onstage knows that there is no telling what may happen from minute to minute during a performance. Actors sometimes forget their lines, miss an entrance, or will even skip over other people’s lines accidentally. This can be particularly uncomfortable for the performers who are sharing the stage with the person who makes the mistake. The ability to recover from these incidents is vital.
- Improvisation exercises teach actors to think quickly, and not always rely on the script when errors are made. These skills are also important in everyday life. Adaptability in any given situation is a good example of improvisation in the real world.
- This workshop will be a wonderful opportunity for members of the community to come out and have a great time while learning some valuable performance tricks of the trade. Attendees are encouraged, although not required, to participate by taking part in really fun and entertaining games which help in developing abilities to think quickly and react to what is happening around them.
- For those who have never been onstage before, this is a great way to start. These workshops are provided free of charge and we promise you will have fun! Directions will be given when needed, so don’t despair! Some of the “improv games” which will be played have been featured on the popular television show Whose Line is it Anyway. We hope to have some laughs and teach participants a thing or two about making it up as they go along!
Our 2016 season of events has been announced! Be sure to click the "Events" link at the top of this page to view video clips of upcoming performances, and for more information about this exciting 5th anniversary season!
PROCESSING FEES APPLY TO ALL CREDIT CARD ORDERS PLACED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, OVER THE PHONE, AND IN THE BOX OFFICE. TO AVOID THESE FEES, PLEASE VISIT THE BOX OFFICE BETWEEN 8:30 A.M. AND 4:30 P.M. MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, AND PURCHASE TICKETS WITH CASH OR CHECK.
- Need a gift, incentive, or recognition award for someone you know? The Colonial Center now offers gift certificates starting at $15.00 each and increasing in amounts of $5.00 increments up to $50.00 total. There are no fees for this service. Ask a staff member today about how you can take advantage of this offer.
- Colonial Center Flex Passes are available for purchase! These passes entitle the recipient to six tickets to C.A.T.S. Community Theatre Events! Use them all at once or spread them throughout the year; it's your choice! Flex-Passes are $75 each and may be purchased on this site under the Events tab above. For questions, more information, or assistance in purchasing a Flex-Pass, please call the box office at 434-262-4170.
Tours and Visits
- Please call ahead if you would like to see the theater area. We do not make that space accessible unless we have advance knowledge of the visit. It is our pleasure to show our space if we are prepared. As always, our box office and galleries are open Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
. Thank you for your understanding.
The Colonial Theatre has a very special place in the history of our community and in the lives of many of our residents. It has weathered many storms and economic crises, as well as years of neglect at various times throughout its history.
The Colonial is one of the few remaining vaudeville theatres of its era in Virginia and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places... Read Full History